Saturday, February 1, 2014

ONEOK, Wearing The White Industrial Helmet, Rides To The Rescue

Several readers, citing multiple sources, reported the following yesterday. I was too tired to post earlier. For background to the story, search "propane" on the blog, and for even better background, search "propane RBN" on the blog.

From Seeking Alpha:
  • ONEOK Partners moves to reverse the flow of a key propane pipeline to help supplies reach the Conway, Kan., storage hub and ease a shortage of the heating fuel suffered by millions in the Midwest and Northeast. 
  •  Conway has the second-largest propane storage hub in the U.S., where propane prices spiked recently to nearly $5/gal. as demand soared due to the record-breaking freeze; prices have since dropped to ~$2.50 but remain far above the $1.75 traded earlier this month before the freezing weather settled in. 
  • The filing will become effective February 6, but OKS does not say when, or even whether, it would actually reverse the line. 
The request requires FERC approval; it will be interesting to see how fast the FERC can react. I'm not holding my breath. 

********************************
Video

My wife loves movies. I enjoy a few select movies.

I recently bought a three-disc Blu-Ray issue of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo ($8 at Target; cash, no credit card). The movie was very, very good. I will indeed watch it several times. In addition to the movie, it comes with commentary by the director and an additional four hours of supplemental material.

I asked my wife if she had seen the movie. She said she had not. She said our older daughter loved the book. Both my wife and I started the book but did not finish.

My wife told me that when the movie first came out she was interested in seeing it but after reading the reviews, she decided not to go. She could not remember the specifics, but perhaps it was because of the "severe" scenes.

She was absolutely entranced by the movie last night. It is incredibly long, and, yes, it is quite severe, but probably nothing compared to a graphic battlefield documentary.

My wife and I both agree that Rooney Mara was "robbed" of the Academy Award for Actress in a Leading Role; she lost to Meryl Streep, who simply was a "cover" for Margaret Thatcher that year. 

4 comments:

  1. What link do I hit on your blog to get most recent articles, when I hit "quick pick news" it goes to older articles from many years ago. Before it went to newest??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you. I'm really getting sloppy, I guess. Too many distractions.

      I've lost the bubble on "Quick Pick News" -- I forget what I used to link this to. Last week when I checked it, the link had somehow been broken so I linked it to "by the numbers" -- data on rig count, spot price of oil, but that really wasn't best.

      So, now I've re-linked "quick pick news" to the top stories for the past week.

      If you click back on the "logo" of the website ("Million Dollar Way" at the top), it will take you back to most recent post.

      I'm still struggling with what to link "Quick Pick News" to since I post so many new stand-alone posts every day. If readers have suggestions, I would listen. I suppose I could do a end-of-the day news summary -- perhaps associated with the daily activity report and then link that as "Quick Pick News." Something to think about.

      Delete
  2. Both 'dragon' trilogies (US and European) are worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I appreciate that. I saw the references to the "Dragon Tattoo" trilogies; was intrigued.

      Delete