Friday, January 17, 2014

Thirteen (13) New Permits -- The Williston Basin, North Dakota, USA

Active rigs: 1987

Thirteen (13) new permits --
  • Operators: Hess (5), KOG (4), Murex (2), Slawson (2)
  • Fields: Epping (Williams), Writing Rock (Divide), Daneville (Divide), Big Bend (Mountrail), Robinson Lake, (Mountrail)
  • Comments: It's very early in the year, but it's very possible Hess will be the most interesting operator in 2014. EOG had the title in 2013, but Hess is really coming on strong, especially when you look at the results of some of their wells.
Wells coming off confidential list were posted earlier; see sidebar at the right.

Two (2) producing wells were completed:
  • 25001, 907, SM Energy, Annie 12-18H, Poe, t11/13; cum 24K 11/13;
  • 25850, 990, XTO, Wallace 21X-2E, West Capa, t12/13; cum 2K 11/13;

4 comments:

  1. anything coming off tight hole status over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there will be many because Monday is a holiday.

    I generally post wells coming off the confidential list the night before, otherwise they will be buried deep in the blog. But it's a quiet night, I was looking for something to do, so maybe later this evening I will post them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, I am Chicago kid who has invested a bit in KOG, EOG, and Halcon... any opinions on Halcon they seem to be making great wells but stock is down 50%. Thanks for the wealth of info you give on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thank you for your kind comments.

      2. I posted the wells that will be coming off the confidential list this long weekend. I didn't post the production data but might do that for some of the better wells later this weekend.

      3. I haven't looked at the market in the past two weeks (not individual stocks, for the most part; some exceptions). I have not looked at any of the Bakken operators in the past two weeks that I can recall (there are probably exceptions) -- I mentioned on one of my posts that I generally don't look at individual Bakken stocks when the market is down or when oil is down, unless I have a specific reason, like to buy more shares in some company.

      4. Having said that ... too much to write I will do a stand-alone post.

      Delete