There are just too many stories to post. It is difficult to keep up during earnings season. So, I'm going to stop for tonight and start again tomorrow.
But these are the things I'm thinking about right now:
- EOG's incredible quarter
- CLR's delineation of the lower Three Forks; based on queries I get, I honestly don't think most folks understand how big a deal this is; remember, the Three Forks doubled the "size of the Bakken" -- and that was just the upper Three Forks
- the incredible Spearfish well just reported by Corinthian in the last week or so
- the Oasis Cottonwood oil field -- a gift from MDU just a couple of years ago
- this graph.
- the fact that crude oil has stayed above $100 for as long as it has -- and the world is at relative peace
- the fact that Brent, WTI, Bakken, LSS are close to parity
- the real risk to the Bakken now that environmental activists may have found another way to severely impact the Bakken
- the revelation by activist environmentalists that there are plans for 1,200 new coal plants worldwide
- the fact that the US has become the "refiner to the world"
- the US State Department's determination that no determination is required with regard to the Egyptian military coup (the same line that could be used to kill the Keystone once and for all)
- the thirty wells one oil company wants to drill on a 1.3-acre pad in southern California, on-shore
- the devastating quarter that First Solar had; and GE getting out of the solar panel business
- GM finally "getting" the all-electric car market
- the Antarctic ice mass growing to record size; Arctic melt was huge this summer, but it was shortest Arctic summer on record
- Congress exempted from ObamaCare
- the gap between the "haves" and "have-nots" widening; the number of companies increasing their dividends
Wells coming off the confidential list tomorrow have been posted. The director, NDIC, Lynn Helms, said we were going to see some spectacular IPs this summer, and that has turned out to be very, very accurate (I'm talking 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day production, not the 24-hour production I report daily). I'm talking about wells like this one that will report tomorrow:
- 23382, conf, HRC, Fort Berthold 147-94-1B-12-3H, McGregory Buttes:
|Date||Oil Runs||MCF Sold|
That's 50,000 bbls in less than two months. That is a Halcon well. EOG says they now expect 100% rate of returns on all their wells (in the Bakken, Eagle Ford, and Leonard).