February 24, 2013:
- 4:39 pm -- Jimmy Johnson wins; in last half lap, Danica fell back; finishes 8th; spectacular race; great race; great job;
- 4:39 pm -- last lap:
- 4:38 pm -- 1.5 to go: here they come
- 4:38 pm -- 2 to go: have to make something happen; Patrick 3rd;
- 4:37 pm -- 3 to go: green, white, checker, almost....
- 4:37 pm -- 4 to go: same;
- 4:36 pm -- 5 to go: Patrick, 3rd; Brad falls back; Dale pushing Danica;
- 4:34 pm -- 6 to go: Patrick, 6th; Jimmy Johnson leads;
- 4:29 pm -- 10 to go: caution; debris in turn 2; everyone catching their breath; new position based on scoring loop position, Patrick 6th
- 4:28 pm -- 12 to go: looks like everyone is positioning themselves to try to break out; two wide up front; three wide further back; Patrick a solid 4th; Brad K 1st
- 4:27 pm -- 12 to go: after the commercial break, side-by-side; Danica is in the pack, outside lane, 6th place
- 4:24 pm -- 16 to go: Danica in 3rd; took a small bump from behind; okay
- 4:10 pm -- 27 to go: gas only for Danica Patrick; comes out fifth or sixth; might lose another spot; in 8th;
- 3:32 pm -- lap 138: caution for wreck near the back; #21 (Trevor Bayne) out; #2 (Brad K) first, but seems to have missed any serious problem; 5th serious crash in 30 days involving Carl Edwards, he's out; Danica still up near the front, running 9th, I believe;
- 3:26 -- 3:25 pm -- 71 to go: Danica leading this lap, and several previous; others coming in for gas; Danica stayed out; Danica going in now for gas
- 2:55 pm -- 90th lap (official): Danica takes the lead; another first; first time a woman has ever taken the lead in a NASCAR Sprint cup race under green; truly incredible; regardless of how this plays out, Danica deserves a lot of credit; she doesn't have a teammate to help draft/push her;
- 2:40 pm -- 2:35 pm -- 71st lap: pit stop on caution; four tires for Danica; comes out in 23rd but that will change; Danica in 8th;
- 2:23 pm -- 57th lap: commentators giving Danica Patrick kudos; I agree; she is running third;
- 2:07 pm -- 37th lap: back to racing; Patrick up to 3rd; outside line;
- 2:00 pm -- 33rd lap: crash involving #5 (Kasey Kahne); first car in race to go sideways; Montoya, Harvick in subsequent, Brad K with damage; Tony Stewart with damage; #18 (Kyle Busch) may have tapped #5 to start things off; #13 with damage; Tony Stewart will wait for wrecker; Danica was ahead of the wreck; #5 was on outside line, about fourth back;
- 1:59 -- 1:53 pm: during "debris on the track" caution, Jeff pulls up behind pace car; turbulence blows debris off; all go into pit row; after the pit stop, Danica drops back to 9th and is surrounded by drivers; race dynamics changed significantly
- 1:48 pm: lap 23; that debris on the grill/air intake causing water temp problems for Jeff Gordon; moving up/down; #2 Danica and #3 Harvick have to follow; Fox did not go side-by-side with commercial break; irritating; Gordon has led all 23 laps; pit stop to remove debris, at least 15 more laps
- 1:34 -- 1:32 pm: Danica gets through the first curve, first lap, but doesn't lead the first lap; Jeff Gordon took the lead fairly early in the first lap; wow, all the attention to Danica Patrick, nestled between Gordon and Harvick
The question: was the policy decision to kill Keystone XL the singular most important factor accounting for the soaring price of gasoline?
- Yes: 28%
- No: 72%
Now, for the new poll.
It's a simple question today: Will Danica Patrick finish the Daytona 500 tomorrow?