Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Morning News, Views, And Links -- Part I -- The "Good" Seat At Starbucks; Fox News Video To Go Viral

Good morning.

There may be a recurring theme in today's posts. I generally post about ten stand-alone posts on a good day and update about 25 older posts.

I do not have internet connectivity at home, so my blogging is limited to specific blocs of time, generally early morning, later afternoon. If I had internet at home, I would have another bloc of time, around midnight.

I like to respond immediately to folks who write me, so I apologize for being delayed getting back to folks who write me, but that's the way it is.

In order to get a good seat at Starbuck's, one has to be here by 5:30 (the doors open at 5:00 a.m.), and even then, the "good" seat is not guaranteed. But today, I set the alarm to make sure I would be here on time to get the "good" seat. I have a lot  to post.

I don't know if folks are aware of this, but The Oil Drum is calling it quits. It will still be accessible but apparently it won't remain current. I'm not exactly sure what it will look like a month from now. I thought it was "off the air" as of August, but now, apparently, it will be sometime this month for the last post at The Oil Drum. Perhaps more on that later.

I didn't really plan to write about The Oil Drum but I needed a segueway to the next item.

It looks like the best Bakken shale discussion group on the net is finally throwing in the towel. I can't remember if I had my own blog when I first posted at the site or if the blog came later. I like to think that the "group" was the impetus to start my own blog. I remember getting dis-invited from the "group" after my first post. I was afraid to post after that because I knew nothing about the Bakken compared to everyone else who posted there. But I continued to follow the "group." I learned a lot from the "group." Maybe more on that later.

This will be a busy day of blogging, so let's get started.

Yes, I got the "good" seat at Starbucks.

*************************

Later: I don't get television. I haven't watched Fox in months, so I was unaware how good "Judge Jeanine" is.  Must-watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment