Saturday, September 14, 2013

Three Climate CHANGE Stories

Quick, three global warming cooling stories. Finally, I understand the reason activist environmental wackos now refer to it as climate change: we're going from 1 degree warmer to 1 degree cooler.

ClimatDepot headline: Earth Gains A Record Amount Of Sea Ice In 2013 — ‘Earth has gained 19,000 Manhattans of sea ice since this date last year, the largest increase on record

CNS News reminds us that Al Gore said 2013 would be the year the Arctic could be completely free of ice.
A 2007 prediction that summer in the North Pole could be “ice-free by 2013” that was cited by former Vice President Al Gore in his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech has proven to be off… by 920,000 square miles.
And, of course, I posted/linked this WSJ story earlier: dialing back the alarm on climate change

And the scary thing: no one knows why. CO2 emissions have continued to increase; CO concentration has crossed the "magic" 400 threshhold, if I recall correctly (although I could be wrong; it could be closer to 399).

It is important to note: I assume these headlines are all linked at The Drudge Report. I did not get them from The Drudge Report. A reader or readers brought them to my attention.

Let me know if CBS News mentions these stories in their weekend editions; I don't have access to television. Of course, if I did, I wouldn't be watching CBS News anyway.

Oh, by the way (added later), I have to chuckle. The NASA satellite photos clearly show the huge expansion of Arctic ice. Children in elementary school could pick out the slide with more "white" -- sort of like the ATT "big is better" commercials. But now the deniers are saying: "Sure, the photographs show the Arctic ice has expanded to a record area but the satellites don't show how deep the ice is." LOL. The deniers never quit, do they?

************************

Meanwhile, on a lighter note, Don notes they have built a 26-tower in Mandan to measure this winter's snowfall.

The Bismarck Tribune is reporting:
 “No other project has taken on something with this kind of scale both in size and length,” said Andrea Anteau, NEON field operations manager for North Dakota.
The 26-foot tower. When I was growing up, it was NASA and going to the moon. Now it's building 26-foot ecological towers.

No comments:

Post a Comment