Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gasoline Down To $3.21 Per Gallon In Local Area

Wow, this is quite incredible.

I don't pay attention to gasoline prices in the local area all that much now that I am on my bike today. But I rode in to Starbucks at 5:30 this a.m. -- which, by the way, is about an hour later than "o-dark-thirty" in the military. And it was dark.

The good news: when it's that dark, drivers can see me easily with all my lights. I have more lights on my bike than an 18-wheeler (density, not actual number). If I'm hit at night it won't because I didn't have enough lights.  I didn't have to worry: no cars on the road. I flew through intersections regardless of the color of the light.

What was I talking about? Oh, yes, the price of gasoline. In the darkness of the night, the price of gasoline is easily seen on the neon signs. It was $3.21 at the convenience store. That is cheap. If it drops 22 cents, it will be less than $3.00. If it gets below $3.00, even Texans will start to like President O'Bama. Okay, just joking.

So, oil is at record highs, flirting with $110/bbl and gasoline is as low as it's been in the O'Bama presidency. Elsewhere, TR&E are discussing this incongruity and somehow getting around to all the waste of natural gas in the Bakken.

No comments:

Post a Comment