Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday Evening Links, News, And Views

Wow, it looks like it was a cool, rainy day in Washington, DC, today, August 28, 2013 -- another fine global warming day. I think it was about 78 degrees, maybe 80 degrees, at 10:00 am, the beginning of MLK festivities on the mall.

Wow, nation's ONLY African-American senator NOT invited to the MLK festivities. Talk about feeling left out. Amazing. Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush (I or II) would not have been so petty, nor so insecure.

It's being reported that the attendance at yesterday's "rally" on the mall was far less than expected. I thought the same when I saw the photos. I thought about that earlier: I don't think people really care any more -- especially when you look at the headliners at the memorial -- Carter, Clinton, Michelle, and Barry. They actually look a bit pathetic. I appreciate Bill Clinton a lot more than most people would think, but he has become a bit tiring. Whatever your thoughts about George (I and II), at least they left the stage when they left office. Bill just lingers, and lingers. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Barry when he leaves office. I think he becomes a dot.

Wow, I just looked at the linked article. It was estimated that 20,000 folks left work in the middle of the week to attend this political rally. 20,000. To put this in perspective, that's about how many show up for Williston, North Dakota's, annual Band Day Parade every spring -- huge thanks to Virgil Syverson who was instrumental in this event. RIP. 20,000 in attendance. They had expected 100,000. Twenty-thousand. I wonder how many folks "naturally" are on the mall on any given summer day? Probably more if the White House was still giving tours. It's hard to believe that the "people's house" is still closed to Americans. Petty.

No comments:

Post a Comment