Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Incredible

I don't know how long and how often I've been blogging about a number of analysts missing the China story. I posted a short note about this story, again, earlier today, based on a note I received from a reader relating a story from a cousin visiting China recently.

Now, even more confirmation. Forbes is reporting:
I had the chance in April to interview Ford’s Asia-Pacific president David Schoch at Auto Shanghai, China’s biggest auto show this year, and he predicted good things for the company in the country in 2013. “I expect to outpace the market,” Schoch said, based in part on a lineup of new models.
Happily for Schoch and Ford, the company is doing just that. Ford said on Tuesday July sales in China, the world’s largest auto market,  soared 71% from a year earlier to 72,834 wholesale units. For the first seven months of the year, Ford sold 50% more vehicles than a year ago, or 480,555 units. That compares with an approximately 12% rise in passenger car sales in China during the first six months of the year, the latest available period.
Ford’s gains were led by the Focus, whose shipments increased 70% in the first seven months from a year earlier to 218,617 units, the company said.
Something tells me GM is not going to sell a lot of Volts in China this next year. 

And, again, if I ever get caught up, more on this story. It could be a busy weekend of blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment