Monday, July 22, 2013

How Bad Is The Economy? Apparently Not Too Bad: Summer Box Offices Doing Well

The Wall Street Journal is reporting:
At $3.2 billion so far, the North American summer box office is up 12% compared with this time last year.
*************************
A Note To The Granddaughters

In the summer of 1971 I was selling dictionaries for the Southwestern Publishing Company, Nashville, Tennessee, on the east coast. My primary sales area was Union County, Westfield, NJ.

It was there that I met the love of my life. We met in 1971. We met again in 1973, and parted ways shortly after that. She died in 2006. The song I most associate with that time period was The Doors "Riders On The Storm." It was recorded in December, 2006, and charted in 1971.

Riders On The Storm, Jim Morrison and The Doors


It's when the rain starts falling that my memories of those two years -- 1971 - 1973 -- become most intense.

Riders On The Storm, Jim Morrison and The Doors


No comments:

Post a Comment