Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Quick Note

I am traveling from Boston to Dallas. I left Monday evening at 9:20 p.m. As I always do, I drive straight through, catnapping along the way. I stop often and long, enjoying the trip. No motels, no camping, just the driver's seat, McDonald's, and Starbucks. Smile. But,  as noted, I stop often and stop long.

It is 6:54 p.m. Wednesday night and I am in Texarkana. The sign says 194 miles to Dallas.

I would post more but there are no outlets in McDonald's and I am down to 27% battery life (which is superb considering minimal opportunity to charge on this trip. [Now down to 17% -- so shutting down.]

If I see a Starbucks between here and Dallas I will stop, recharge, and blog a bit.

*********************

I am receiving a lot of comments but will have to reply to them later. Sorry.

**********************

I am also receiving a lot of links to great articles, but they will have to wait also, sorry.

**********************

The drive has been beautiful. I would do it again, in a heartbeat.

**********************

The trip gave me a lot of time to think.  About national affairs, politics, etc. It will be fun to blog on them when I get back. Some of my opinions on some topics have changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment