Thursday, June 27, 2013

Enquiring Minds

Again, a reminder. Other sites have some great information on the Bakken. I find this site particularly useful for any number of reasons.

I could be wrong with regard to this post, but this is what I posted elsewhere.
June 27, 2013: an enquiring mind seeks information on lease rates for several locations, and wonders about future prospects. The individual notes that two of the locations do not have any any active wells. Unless I am misreading the NDIC GIS map server, in fact, all locations have horizontal laterals, and thus the leases are held by production.  This area is right in the heart of the Bakken and there will be at least a dozen wells in each spacing unit before it's all over, and possibly many, many more.
Again, I might be misreading the map, but it would be unusual to find any spacing unit in the Ross/Stanley area without an active well (though there won't be wells in every section because much of the area is spaced for 1280 acres [two sections]). Again, I could be wrong. I'm always skittish when I see something different than others; I have made some huge mistakes on the blog. But if alerted, I correct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment