Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Evening Links and News

I'm busy with family for the next few days; in Tucson for a high school graduation, so my blogging will be limited.

I don't like doing it this way, but I don't want to lose these links, so I will post them and then next week come back to some of them if I have time.

Most of these links were sent to me by Don (thank you); some other readers.

First, the Kodiak Oil and Gas Corporation 2013 UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference Call May 22, 2013. -- SeekingAlpha.com.

Second, Minnesota law on fracking sand mining. I think I posted this story from another source earlier. I didn't read this one all the way through but what little I remember from the other source, it sounds like a good compromise, as long as permitting process does not get bogged down.

Third: the Continental Resources, Inc. Presents at UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference, May-21-2013. Some excerpts from this presentation were posted earlier; it's an incredible presentation.

Four: two new ethylene crackers; $400 million for the state of Pennsylvania

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bruce My Nephew just Graduated last night at Pima Collage He's Fireman now, in Tucson Az. I thought I would share with you a tid bit if you look at our Mt. ranges they actually spell C- Catalina's the H- Huachuca R-Rincon's S-santa Ritas T- Tortilita's CHRIST they were named supposedly by Padre Pio. Okay Okay if you go to Speedway and Wilmot there is a upside down pyramid Building, interesting is at the time he built it he was going to build 4 or 5 more however he was stopped after he finished the first one he was Big Dog they only charge taxes on the bottom square footage So our Tax people changed that law real quick! so needless to say he did not build any more! So anyway I am a Native here in Tucson and I was so Excited to hear you are in our Desert I wanted to e-mail you when I saw you were here in Tucson Az. I thought I would say Hi and enjoy Tucson I went to Rincon High, and I can not wait to get up to N.D. to see our well or I should say Wells :] Ok ok I won't bother you anymore! The Best to the Graduate! You and Your'e Family have Great Time here In Beautiful Tucson Az.
    Bye Gene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been at corner of Speedway and Wilmot several times. Wilmot turns into Tanque Verde and our motel is on Tanque Verde (we stay at the same motel whenever in town).

      We just got back from the Desert Museum. It is so much more than I remember. It's an awesome museum. I am thinking that when our granddaughters visit us when we are in Los Angeles for a few weeks this summer, we will drive back to Tucson, just to show them the museum.

      I would write more, but I am in between family events. Congratulations on your nephew's graduation.

      Delete