Active rigs: 184 (steady, reversed recent downward trend)
RBN Energy: Condensate markets east of the Suez Canal, part II.
Reuters is reporting: "unemployment benefits applications rise unexpectedly BUT still within 2013 range." Okay. Talk about beating a dead horse. Up 10,000. Up to 354,000. Last week's numbers were revised UPWARD. No surprise. Four-week moving average edged up to 347,250.
Original GPD estimates for 1Q13 were revised downward to 2.1%.
Section D (Personal Journal):
- Bankruptcy court says Patriot Coal can scrap union contracts.
- Everyone cutting their internet service -- wi-fi everywhere.
- Two Flying J Truck Stop employees in plea deals.
- New tack in preventing hospital infections: hand-washing.
- Op-Ed: just a reminder. Senator Durbin wants to look into silencing bloggers and tweeters.