Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Platts Tweets; Recommendation For New Airport Siting; Trending/Technology

NYMEX June gas futures continue to rise on expectations of a third consecutive below-average storage injection of the season.

From this week's EIA weekly report: US commercial crude oil stocks finished last week at all-time high of 395.284 million barrels.

****************************
A Note To The Granddaughters

Based on four "things": a) the location of the Dallas-Ft Worth Airport (DFW); b) George Dyson's Turing's Cathedral, c. 2013; c) the Midland-Odessa experience; and, d) the USGS 2013 assessment of the Bakken/Three Forks:
The new Williston international airport needs to be located somewhere near Alexander, North Dakota, preferably on the west side.
Unfortunately the three-letter IATA codes "OIL," "BKN," and "FRQ," are already taken, so the code may have to remain "ISN." I suppose "$$$" is still available.

***************************
A Note For The Granddaughters

When I was younger, I was an early adopter. As I've aged, not so much.

Some random thoughts:

1) Converting YouTube videos (video/audio) to MP3 (audio only) and import into iTunes is incredibly easy and best thing since sliced bread, as we used to say.

2) Apple TV for $99.00. I would be hard pressed to find a better "anything" at that price.

3) Twitter.
I can take or leave Facebook. But finally, I "get" Twitter. I resisted Twitter .... until last week. I don't remember what made me look at Twitter again. But now I'm sold. I understand why Twitter will be the next big thing, if it isn't already. Twitter is very similar to The Drudge Report, pushing short "headlines" with links. The Drudge Report has two shortcomings, both of which it could resolve. With Twitter, the "headlines" are continuously flowing, unlike The Drudge Report that can go days without changing 90% of its content.

In addition, The Drudge Report cannot be tailored for one's preferences. Most of the links at Drudge I can do without. With Twitter I can tailor what I want to receive and I can easily follow/unfollow/tailor the tweet feed. 
There is talk that Apple could buy Twitter; I hope they do. I've never invested in AAPL and have no plans to start, but if Apple buys Twitter it will suggest that Tim Cook can still skate to where the puck will be, though much more of a delay in acquiring Twitter will be too late. If a late adopter like me loves Twitter it may be already too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment