Friday, March 1, 2013

No New Poll; Just Results of Current Poll; Seven Companies Drill 65% of Bakken Wells

Current poll: will the president sign the sequester order by 11:59 tonight?
  • Yes: 36%
  • No: 64%
I thought I heard a few minutes ago that the president signed the sequester order. Whether he actually signed it or not, all indications are that it is now the law of the land.

I was in the "no" group: I did not expect the sequester order would be signed by the deadline. I thought "they" would find some way to extend the deadline a few more days to give everyone a bit more time to see if something could be worked out.

The next government budget / deficit / spending crisis: the debt ceiling which I believe will necessitate action by the end of the month.

I don't have a new poll.

*************************

These seven companies drill 65% of Bakken wells according to Lynn Helms, as quoted in Petroleum News, October 7, 2012: In order from largest to smallest producer, the seven companies are: 
  • Continental Resources
  • Hess
  • Whiting Petroleum
  • Statoil/Brigham
  • Oasis Petroleum
  • Marathon
  • EOG Resources
Interesting to see Oasis drilling more wells than EOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment