Thursday, March 28, 2013

Funny How Things Work Out -- March 28, 2013

President Bush was worried that the Saddam family dynasty would control the world's largest oil exporting economy. Iraq, #1. Russia, #2. Saudi Arabia, maybe #3 - the article doesn't say.

Not to worry. The Chinese will control it. The US is risk-averse, the writer says.

Funny how things work out.

And I see Dick Cheney is still around ... at least in the media stories:
It’s a different story, though, for the U.S. oil field services and engineering companies that have established dominant positions in Iraq. That includes Haliburton, the company that Iraq war booster Dick Cheney led before he became vice president.
I don't think mainstream media can write about fracking without using the word "controversial" and I don't think mainstream media can write about HAL without mentioning Dick Cheney. For me, it's hard for me to write about HEL without mentioning Barack Obama. But I digress.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/03/27/187100/iraqi-oil-once-seen-as-us-boon.html#storylink=cpy