Thursday, February 14, 2013

Update on Bakken Shale Discussion Group Thread on 160-Acre Spacing

Yesterday I noted three interesting threads over at the Bakken Shale Discussion Group.

The third of the three, regarding 160-acre spacing in the Parshall oil field just got more interesting. It is important to note that I am not saying this is 160-acre spacing, others are saying it.

From that thread that started the discussion:
The first 160-acre spaced wells in the Core area, the Wayzetta 022-1509H and 149-1509H, had maximum rates of 1,185 and 1,265 Bopd, respectively.
  • 22703, conf, EOG, Wayzetta 22-1509H, the well file shows this well to be on a 1920-acre spacing unit, going through three sections, 9/10/15-153-90. The well is still on confidential, so Larry must have source of information to provide an IP. 
  • 22704, conf, EOG, WAyzetta 149-1509H, the well file shows this well to parallel #22703 -- 1920-acre spacing through the same sections, 9/10/15-153-90; the well file includes a drilling report suggesting this well has been drilled, waiting completion at time of filing. The well is still on confidential, so Larry must have a source of information to provide an IP.
More to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Did you pick on Teegue on the playground growing up? That dude is unhinged when it comes to you.
    I'll go after you from time to time when you sound like Fox and Friends with the passive aggressive anti climate change propaganda. Doesn't mean I don't love the rest of your Blog. First and last stop of the day is your blog for me, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to write.

      I have learned a lot from blogging about the Bakken. I haven't visited my "Welcome/Disclaimer" page in a long time to see if I actually posted this:

      I try very, very hard to keep my postings at the "level" of a conversation among friends at the local coffee shop (such as the Economart in Williston).

      I have to do that, because I can never compete with the professionals including the professionals who run the Bakken Shale Discussion Group and who post there. But I have learned a lot from them.

      For several reasons, I am prone to making errors on the blog (fortunately, most are typographical) but I never intentionally try to mislead anyone on the Bakken. I correct Bakken errors when I discover them. I have made, what I consider, three major errors regarding the Bakken among the almost 10,000 stand-alone posts over the past couple of years. Those errors were all corrected.

      One's relationship with the Bakken affects one's "attitude" regarding the Bakken.

      First and foremost, having grown up in Williston, ND, for me it is simply an opportunity to "brag" about the area.

      I do not own any mineral rights but am thrilled for those who do. However, I do invest in public companies operating in the Bakken. That may put me at odds with mineral rights owners. It's been interesting to see how "we" all see the Bakken differently.

      The "blog" is a journal. The Bakken does not operate in a vacuum. That's why I link/post stories about non-Bakken subjects. I try very hard never to include a non-Bakken story in the "Top Stories" that are posted every weekend for the previous week's posts. Most of my non-Bakken updates are posted deep in the blog where no one will see them.

      Interestingly enough, without the non-Bakken stories, this blog would a) be extremely boring for some, including me; b) generate a lot fewer comments; and, c) would be similar to the other dozen or so blogs on the Bakken out there. Note the ten most visited posts on this blog (at the very bottom of the sidebar at the right).

      Again, thank you for taking time to write. Have a great day in the Bakken.

      Delete