Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Keystone: Alberta Premier Has a "Plan B" -- If The US Won't Approve It ... Well, There's Always Alaska

The Calgary Herald is reporting:
Alberta Premier Redford called the Keystone XL, which will extend from Alberta to heavy oil refineries in Houston and Port Arthur, Texas, a “very important” priority for Alberta. She said, however, that if U.S. President Barack Obama does not approve it, Alberta would seek other export opportunities, including going through Alaska.
Now I'm really confused. I knew US students were said to be weak on geography, but ... Canadian premiers? I'll bet Sarah "I Can See Russia From My House" Palin* is pulling out her copy of Rand McNally to see where Alaska is located.

I missed this the first time reading the article; "anon 1" picked up on it. Thank you. It made my day.

************************

North to Alaska, Johnny Horton

*By the way, the "I can see Russia from my house" statement has a very, very interesting back story, too.

2 comments:

  1. Of course, Sarah never said it.


    Those who claim that she did are the ignorant ones, or liars.

    Sarah said that, from an Alaskan island, a person can see Russia from Alaska. That is true. Her point was that, growing up in Alaska, living in Alaska, and being Governor of Alaska, gives a different perspective on Russia. It is right next door.

    She dealt with mutual issues such as fishing. Alaska waters and Russian waters touch, don't they?

    Many Alaskan's wander over to Russia in a small boat. Russians visit Alaska. All without paperwork.

    I have seen Russia from Alaska, and anyone can, by webcam. A school in Alaska has a webcam on the building, pointed toward Russia. If it is working, and there isn't fog, all can see the neighboring Russian island. You can too.

    anon 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and it's a nice website: http://diomede.bssd.org/blog/?p=20

      Delete