Monday, January 14, 2013

New Link At The Bottom of the Sidebar -- Quirky

Updates

Later, 12:35 am est: in addition to some quirkiness, there is some really good reporting, great observations  of the world / political situation. Perhaps I was too quick to call it quirky. Deserves more exploring, but first impressions --- great site.

Original Post

I have added a new link at the sidebar at the right, under "Quirky": 10,000 Years From Now. I haven't had a chance to explore it in depth, but first glance suggests it should be lots of fun.

Interestingly enough, and coincidentally at that link, in the very second article, the writer talks about neolithic cave dwellers in Turkey. Early Christians lived in similar dwellings to escape persecution. My daughter and I visited Cappadocia some years ago when "we" were stationed in eastern Turkey. It truly was one of the most amazing sites I had ever seen. I wonder what Peter Jackson (of The Lord of the Rings fame) could have done with Cappadocia?

No comments:

Post a Comment