Whiting has provided graphics of how they planned to drill their cash cow, the Sanish oil field, in their corporate presentations over the past year. They have never shown a multi-well pad in those graphics, unless they have shown this in a new corporate presentation that I have not seen.
A multi-well pad in the Sanish is rare, but this is not the first.
Whiting is already putting five to six wells in some sections (1280-acre spacing) but this is a rare multi-well pad for them in the Sanish.
I was surprised to hear today that folks are still unaware that there are areas in the Bakken in which there are more than one or two wells in a section. Whiting has been putting in four to six wells in individual sections (1280-acre spacing) for quite some time now.
The permits for this multi-well pad are:
- 22173, 1,180, Whiting, Carl Kannianen 22-32TFX, section 32-154-91; t9/12; cum 182K 3/17;
- 22174, 3,126, Whiting, Kannianen 22-32XH, section 32-154-91; t9/12; cum 354K 3/17;
- 22175, 1,249, Whiting, Kannianen 22-32TFX, section 32-154-91; t9/12; cum 198K 3/17;
There are already two horizontals in this section:
- 18298, 3,422, Whiting, Kannianen 44-33H, Sanish; t1/10; cum 664K 3/17; 10K/month in May 2012; the well was taken off-line in September, 2011, and did not produce again until 11/11 when it was active for 2 days, producing 960 bbls in November, 2011; when active it produces 15,000 bbls/month
- 19174, 2,090, Whiting, Kannianen 43-33H, Sanish; s7/10; t10/10; cum 365K 3/17; 1,300 bbls in May, 2012; the well was taken off-line in September, 2011, and did not produce until 11/11 when it produced 754 bbls over 9 days; prior to that, it was producing 12,000 bbls/month
- 21988, A , Whiting, Tiisto 44-7TFX, section 7-154-91; t5/12; cum 150K 3/17;
- 21989, 2,480, Whiting, Tiisto 44-7XH, section 7-154-91; t5/12; cum 346K 3/17;
- 21990, 688, Whiting, Tiisto 43-7TFX, section 7-154-91; t4/12; cum 133K 3/17;