Monday, December 3, 2012

KOG: Motley Fool Update

More fluff from Motley Fool but there's so much good news today, this story fits in just as well:
Kodiak Oil & Gas is quickly becoming a major player in the Bakken Shale.
The company finished 3Q12producing 15,855 barrels per day, and it plans to increase that by an incredible 68% to 27,000 barrels by the end of 2012.
This company needs the rapid expansion, too, because other companies such as EOG Resources and Continental Resources are able to drill much more cost-efficiently.
Kodiak has to focus hard on production to keep its margins high; it uses only 100% ceramics in its wells rather than sand, which, though costlier, produce the maximum from each well possible. In the video at the link, Motley Fool energy analyst Joel South tells us if the company is actually hitting its lofty growth goals, and what its margins look like, which are the two key things for investors to look at here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that KOG didn't use all ceramics in the drilling of my 6 wells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to check the well files. I don't trust Motley Fool as a source in many areas. I agree with you. Somehow, this statement by Motley Fool that KOG uses 100% ceramics doesn't ring true, but it can be easily checked. If I get time, I will check a few well files.

      Delete