Thursday, September 6, 2012

Photos of the Epping Crude-By-Rail Facility

Updates

September 7, 2012: from KOG's Barclays presentation earlier this week, quoted from SeekingAlpha:
I think one of the most encouraging things here is what we've seen build out in the rail. So I think there is five or six facilities today, most of these are moving anywhere from 60,000 to 90,000 a day of production. The most recent one, that's closest to our Polar block that we just talked about, is the Epping facility. Noted that they finally delivered their first production to the Anacortes Facility out in Seattle. That was the first outlet to the west coast there. So I think that's really encouraging that the oil started to move by rail there. They get their unloading facility built. These are all positives and this really feeds into the differentials that we've all talked about.
Now, look at the photos below.
Original Post

[See first comment. I inadvertently put the wrong name of this facility in the original post. It's been corrected due to acute observation of a reader; much appreciated.]

A reader sent me a "ton" of photos of the new Epping crude-by-rail facility. I have not gone through all the photos yet, and had planned to post them in some kind of order, but they are too good to wait. So, I will post one set now, and then go through the other two sets, and see how best to re-arrange and post photos.

Enjoy. More later on this subject. A "huge" thank you to the reader for sending me these photos. They really are incredible.

Remember:

  • there are 16 of these crude-by-rail facilities in the Bakken (see sidebar for list)
  • the "norm" is for 118-tank unit trains
  • crude-by-rail facilities were established because pipelines could not meet production demands
  • BNSF is owned by Warren












As you look at these photos, remember, this is a 24/7 operation (note the "stadium" lighting). Trucks are coming in/going out continuously. Think of 118-unit trains operating continuously from 16 CBR sites throughout the Bakken, with trucks coming in/going out 24/7, and then think of the carbon footprint of CBR operations, many of them needed because faux environmentalists won't allow pipelines to be laid. I'm thrilled so many truck drivers have jobs, when folks complain about all the trucks on the road, at least some of the "blame" can be placed on faux environmentalists.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is Epping. Just looking at the overheads and the layout and the city to the west of the facility, Epping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct. I apologize for that error. When I got them they were very clearly marked as Epping. I had gone by the Trenton yard so many times, I had "Trenton" on my mind.

      So, I've corrected the post above. Thank you very much for catching this and taking time to write me. I really appreciate all the help I can get. Smile.

      Delete