Monday, September 3, 2012

Minimal Posting Today; Some Throw-Away Stories on KOG, SandRidge

KOG in light of QEP/Helis deal, part I -- SeekingAlpha.com.

.... and if there was a "Part I," there had to be a "Part II."

Somehow these two articles didn't "connect" with me. Perhaps there was nothing particularly new for regular readers or maybe just too many articles on KOG. I don't know. But, it is what it is.

At the top of the sidebar at the right (on this date; it will change over time), there is a link to the QEP/Helis deal.

************************

Motley Fool has a story on SandRidge. I was blown away by the CEO's compensation.
CEO Tom Ward's annual compensation jumped from nearly $14 million to a little over $25 million over the same period.
By comparison, the CEO of KOG, a comparable company by market capitalization, took home just around $1.5 million last year.  Even the CEO of ExxonMobile earns only $35, only $10 million more than Tom Ward.
Only.

2 comments:

  1. On the Kog article, was is his conclusion? The KOG arceage is worth 1.6 to 2.8 billion, while company has a market cap today of 2.5 billion? That is what I got out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about what I got out of it; as mentioned, I didn't "connect" with the article.

      Delete