Friday, September 14, 2012

Farmers vs Artists -- This Will Be Interesting To Watch -- And Other Miscellaneous Non-Bakken Stories; Apple's Huge Solar Farms; For The Bakken, Scroll Down

I have no dog in this fight, but I do have opinions and thoughts which I will keep to myself.

Sean Lennon and Yoko Ono lead the artists' fight against fracking in upstate New York.

The upstate New York farmers, the MDW has posted before, look at the new tractors their Pennsylvania brethren are driving paid for with natural gas royalties.

From a Bakken perspective, I know the perfect answer but I've learned to keep certain thoughts to myself.

Solar Farms

Speaking of farmers, a picture is worth a thousand words; all this farmland taken out of use. (Unless it was virgin forest, then I guess it was okay.) (If the link is broken, it was an aerial photo of Apple's massive solar farm in North Carolina.) [Update, September 20, 2012: Apple announces a second solar farm in the same area.]

At War
I could be wrong, but it certainly looks like someone doesn't like us. (If the link breaks, it's a story about  US embassies under attack worldwide; US State Department "monitoring." Well, that makes me feel better.)

US Credit Rating Downgraded

Apparently this will be announced near the end or after the end of the trading day.

1 comment:

  1. Are we not talking about gas royalties rather than oil?

    ReplyDelete