Friday, September 14, 2012

APPLE STOPS TAKING iPHONE 5 ORDERS FOR LAUNCH DELIVERY DATE -- AFTER EIGHT (8) HOURS CAN'T KEEP UP

Updates

Later, 7:40: Apple did not steal Samsung patents -- patent trial judge. Oh, my. On top of everything else, this is just insane!

Later, 7:20 pm: this is just such an incredible story on so many levels. I don't have a smart phone so I shouldn't be talking, but regular readers know I can't resist. Regarding the comments at the link, three of my own comments:

  • First, I am amazed how bitter some folks sound. This is just a phone, for heaven's sake. But it is incredible technology and incredibly beautiful and yet there are folks who can't enjoy "beauty." Truly sad. 
  • Second, some folks say they will look at the new Nokias or the new Samsungs before committing to the iPhone. This is just a phone, for heaven's sake. Except with Apple you get the whole Apple-eco-niche. If you are comparing Apple to Nokia or Samsung or Droid you are completely missing the point. The aesthetic differences among the several offerings seem minimal; it's all about the Apple-eco-niche when talking about the iPhone. If you like Windows, you will love Droid, I guess. 
  • Third, shoot, I was enjoying my second Harpoon IPA and the Hillbilly Moon Explosion and I completely forgot that third point. The full Hillbilly Moon Explosion menu is available at iTunes, by the way. Oh, that's it. People are still talking about that old canard: dropped calls at ATT and customer service at ATT. One of my two iPads is serviced through ATT; I had several billing problems with that second  iPad (all my fault) and ATT was incredible in resolving them in my favor. I have a Samsung Sprint phone and it drops calls every so often. But dropped calls are becoming rarer and rarer across the US, but it's still a canard folks like to talk about. 
By the way, I am enjoying Hillbilly Moon Explosion on the new MacBook Pro. The laptop is truly incredible. 


Original Post
Link here.

CORRECTION: Apple is still taking orders (see comments). They simply slipped the available delivery date.

Two comments:
  • AAPL hits new high
  • many commentators following the iPhone introduction were underwhelmed; okay
I still remember all those folks who were concerned when Tim Cook took over from Steve.

In an unrelated story, Apple wins an injunction against Motorola in Germany. Oh, my.

3 comments:

  1. Nope..you can still pre-order. The original shipment was sold out after an hour though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is incorrect. I just pre-ordered mine moments ago. The shipping delay is 2 weeks but I just bought it. Other sites have debunked it as untrue. Not sure why yahoo still has it up.

    Go to the site right now and see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you! I have corrected the post to make it better reflect what appears to be happening.

      Delete