Friday, August 3, 2012

Wow, That Snuck Up on Me -- AAPL Solidly Above 600 -- Again

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment decisions based on anything you read at this blog.

I have never bought any shares of AAPL, nor do I ever plan to buy any shares, or trade any shares, in AAPL. I have no hidden agenda with regard to AAPL. I simply enjoy the products and enjoy following the Apple story. One of the few other companies I enjoy following almost as much as AAPL is ATT; it is interesting their close relationship.

Anyway, this snuck up on me: Apple is solidly above $600/share this morning. I am really impressed.

Just to give folks an idea of the things that are exciting to watch (most from the same website):
And I haven't even mentioned a dozen other things Apple is doing and will be doing.

By the way, this gives me an opportunity to explain (again) why the numbers don't add up for solar energy. All one has to do is look at the geographic area consumed by one manufacturing plant relying on solar energy (and my hunch is that the plant is not going to rely solely on solar energy). Look at how much land is taken up with solar panels for one manufacturing plant; and, it is obvious this land can no longer be used for anything else, and will never go back to the way it was. Oil and gas companies use so much less surface area it's not even worth comparing, and once the wells are abandoned, the land can be completed reclaimed. But dual-use land is the norm when it comes to drilling. Also, how many acres of trees were removed for this solar farm? Sad. The solar farm is 100 acres in size. Can you imagine the outrage if every manufacturing plant in the US started bull-dozing down 100 acres of trees? I assume there were no spotted owls in North Carolina -- in fact, the spotted owl is only in the western United States (not the east) -- wouldn't it be a hoot if Apple moved their data processing plant to the East Coast to eliminate this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment