Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wow, Thirteen Companies Announced Increased Dividends

... including Baxter, by a significant amount. Baxter is not an energy company.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site; do not make any investment decisions based on anything you read at this site.

When I first started investing on my own, about 40 years ago, I remember following dividend announcements in the WSJ on a regular basis. About the only financial news I had on a regular basis was that of the print edition of the WSJ. Wow, have times changed.

I missed this one yesterday: Apple increased its dividend from 12 cents to $2.65/share. OK.

**********
Note: first comment -- actually fourteen (14) companies announced dividend/distribution increases.

2 comments:

  1. Actually it was 14 companies. They list OKE as having reduced the dividend. They failed to account for the stock split.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter would text, LOL! Mike, you are absolutely correct. I saw the change in the OKE dividend (the "decrease") but based on your earlier note, I assumed the split. I should have gone back and updated that but was too lazy(?). [Actually, to be honest, I didn't think anyone would catch me. Smile.]

      Delete