Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Whiting Posts 2Q12 Results vs Others

2Q12 production up 26% yoy; $1.27/share; ups 2012 production guidance; ups 2012 CAPEX budget;

Compare to others reporting today (or earlier):
I am overwhelmed during "earnings season" and can't possibly find all the stories, much less read them, and comment on them, so I will depend on others to help.

Comments from readers

On Newfield's conference call: The reason they don't like the Williston Basin and prefer to talk about their other plays (Unita and Monument Basin) is cost. Newfield spends at least twice as much, and usually more, per well in the Bakken than the plays in Utah. But one thing they make perfectly clear: the EUR's haven't been compared and the Bakken, in my opinion, will surely prove to be the greater of the two. [Comment: I am biased, but I agree. Thank you for taking time to write.]

3 comments:

  1. Biased or not, I agree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EOG will not drill enough wells in their Marcellus JV to meet their requirement to continue. They will keep rights in drilled wells but walk away from future potential. EOG never got the hang of the Marcellus. Their wonderful Eagle Ford play seems to be draining EOG of capital and human resources.

    anon 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening. It's been awhile. I don't follow / am unable to follow these companies to the granularity that you follow them, so I am always happy to hear from you.

      I haven't followed EOG at all outside the Bakken. It is interesting that even the Eagle Ford is having its growing pains. Again, I'm very biased, but the Bakken has a few things going for it. So, we'll see how this all plays out.

      Delete