Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Oil Tours Available in the Bakken: Audience -- Investors

Updates

February 2, 2013: update in the Dickinson Press.
Dawa, a professional services and communications firm based in Williston, Dawa began offering narrated tours of a sizable chunk of the Bakken last year. Available for anyone with $325, Bakken Field Tours are offered several times per year during warm weather months beginning in May and feature a chance to get an up close look at the operating areas of the northwest North Dakota Oil Patch.
Each tour begins with a three-hour briefing about, among other topics, the history of the Bakken. During colder months — when travel on Oil Patch roads is unpredictable — several longer versions of the briefings are offered in Williston beginning later this month.
“People want to know and understand what’s going on out here,” said Dawa President Jeff Zarling. “We cover everything from the discovering of oil in North Dakota to the development of the Bakken shale play. We get pretty in-depth.”
Tours originate from Dickinson or Williston and last for roughly eight hours, including lunch at a Bakken crew camp. Zarling said a wide variety of people have taken advantage of the tours so far.
Original Post

Link here to Minot Daily News.
DAWA Solutions Group is offering an 11-hour Bakken Field Tour bus trip through parts of the oil field, including a three-hour educational session the night before the tour. The $325 tour does not include the price of a hotel room, and is aimed at investors, community leaders and developers, although the tours will likely also attract tourists, too.
DAWA Solutions Group has an office kitty-corner from the CENEX service station in Williston that must be the busiest little station in the world at 6:00 - 7:00 a.m. daily; on 2nd Street West, I believe.

I could be wrong on all of this; it's been awhile since I've been in Williston.

7 comments:

  1. "I could be wrong on this" This will and has been an extremely appropriate phrase for you. You excel at it specifically with politics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "welcome" and, I think the disclaimer, also, although I could be wrong on this, explains the rationale for using that phrase.

      Delete
  2. Such an asinine comment above. Appreciate all that you do Bruce and have learned a lot from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The individual above sends me half a dozen comments daily. Most comments are not publishable due to language or spelling. I think I have published two of her comments in the past year out of hundreds. She is my most faithful reader, though she finds my posts nonsense. The best comment I ever got from her (I think her name is "Connie") was that I have too much time on my hands to be posting on the Bakken. And yet, Connie reads every post and responds to many. Go figure.

      The two I posted allowed me to point readers to other posts of mine.

      Anyway, thank you for your kind words.

      I am traveling today so not much blogging for a couple of days.

      Delete
  3. I was thinking the same regarding the above individual! Some folks are so funny! Guess you hit a nerve. She really has bad manners! Some people just can't take hearing others opinions! I like to here each side of the case! Thanks for all the information on your site. And Happy 4th of July! Thinking she is one many unhappy people! So sad....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an Investor that recently flew into Williston. It was a great feeling to actually see a place in the USA that was prospering. I am one person who is convinced if there is any opportunities left in America, the Bakken is it.

    If you have some type of opportunity I am all ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an incredible phenomenon, isn't it.

      I think some of the stories about local farmers coming up with ideas are quite fascinating. I am thinking of the recent story of the brothers who designed a truck to heat fracking water. I'm sure to move to the next level they will need venture capital.

      Delete