Wednesday, July 11, 2012

All Four Computer Users Using Apple -- Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken

For the past couple of days, I've mentioned the "demographics" of the Apple computer and the Apple computer user as I've crossed this great country, from Harvard Square (Boston/Cambridge) to San Antonio, to San Pedro (Los Angeles).

Up until today, no one was using a computer in the San Pedro Starbucks on Western and Westmont Drive where I have been coming for the past week or so. Now, today, everyone in here using a computer is using an Apple. There are four of us: two MacBook Airs, one aluminum MacBook Pro (?), and I'm using my very old trusty white MacBook that has the best wi-fi receiver in the world. I say that because my old MacBook wi-fi receiver will pick up signals that my iPad won't pick up. It's pretty incredible.

Another bit of trivia: last night, we went down to the Starbucks overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Ranchos Palos Verdes. Beautiful evening. But this surprised me. The patio closes at 8:30 p.m. and the coffee shop closes at 9:00 p.m. Wow, that's early. Most of us are just getting started.

3 comments:

  1. Fun fact: A vast majority of Mac users lean to the left.
    Plus, the IOS newspaper "The Daily" is struggling, when people were asked why they weren't interested in subscribing, the biggest reason was that it was owned by Newscorp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely lean left.

      Fun fact: on most race circuits in NASCAR, the turns are all to the left.

      With regard to on-line newspapers, I am not convinced there is much future in (m)any of them. A google search for "Newsweek circulation doomed" provides ample discussion of print and on-line mainstream media in general (not just limited to "Newsweek").

      Delete
  2. FYI: Apple’s Bob Mansfield: “Starting today, all eligible Apple products are back on EPEAT” http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/07/13/apples-bob-mansfield-starting-today-all-eligible-apple-products-are-back-on-epeat/

    ReplyDelete