Thursday, June 14, 2012

Natural Gas Differentials on Same Pipeline -- The Marcellus Effect --- RBN Energy

Link to RBN Energy.

*******************
A Note For The Granddaughters

I cannot count the number of times we have visited Disneyland, Anaheim, California.  The first time was in 1969. I visited it several times while still in school, several times when we were raising our own family and visiting family in San Pedro, California, and are now visiting the park annually with our granddaughters.

I can't take it any more. Smile.

We will be visiting southern California later this summer. I had a talk with the the 5-year-old and the 8-year-old and asked them if they would mind skipping Disneyland this year. Both said that would be fine. I was somewhat surprised, but we agreed: skip Disneyland this year.

Yesterday I noted that California Adventure, Disneyland's co-located park, will be opening the long-awaited Cars Land adventure ride this summer; in fact, it's "grand opening" was last night (along with a 4.1 earthquake).

Just out of curiosity, I checked ticket prices. A 3-day hopper (allowing one to visit both parks on any three days within a two-week period) costs $250/person. But, Disney has extended the military offer through September 12, 2012, offering active duty and retired military the same tickets for $99 each. A military-ID-card-holder can buy up to twelve tickets, I believe. The park is also offering discounted room rates at their resort hotels there, also.

This is an incredible offer. I had my wife re-consider our decision to skip Disneyland this year.

As long as I'm rambling: a couple years ago, I enjoyed my Disneyland visit in an entirely different way. The majority of folks visiting Disneyland rush to all the "good" rides when the park first opens, and pretty much skip Main Street. By the end of the day, folks are exhausted, and Main Street restaurants and shops fill up. Taking advantage of this, I let the family go on without me. I stopped at one of the Main Street cafes, ordered coffee, a chocolate croissant, and read the Wall Street Journal. It was one of the best visits to Disneyland I have ever experienced. If we take the 3-day hopper this year, I will do the same thing.

P.S. Please, don't tell the granddaughters. Even at $99 for three days, I'm not sure I can take Disneyland again this year. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment