Sunday, June 10, 2012

Miss North Dakota Scholarship Pageant -- Williston, North Dakota

I'm having trouble getting my hands around this story; link to Williston Herald.
The pageant’s 20 contestants from all over the state of North Dakota took the stage for the preliminary rounds Thursday. Those preliminaries will carry into Friday night, where candidates will finish the round with the evening wear competition, onstage interview, talent competition, and swimsuit competition.
I would assume each contestant had a following of at least 200 handlers, home-town press, and fans. Assuming that 14 contestants came from outside the Williston area, someone had to come up with almost 3,000 rooms, though, I assume a lot would have doubled up. But still, in the middle of the oil patch where lodging crisis is said to be severe.

My hat is off to those who could pull this off and arrange for all this lodging, meals, transportation, etc.

I'm sure not a few roughnecks were more than impressed to hear Williston would be hosting the pageant.

2 comments:

  1. Since the Williston HS Auditorium seats just under 800 people and you would expect, if full, that maybe a quarter were from Williston that would leave less than 600 needing hotels. At 3 people/room that would require fewer than 200 hotel rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. My numbers were high. But coming up with 200 rooms in Williston is still pretty good.

      Delete