Friday, June 15, 2012

Dallas -- Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken -- For the Bakken, Skip and Scroll

It's hard to believe I was going on 30 years old when the original "Dallas" was on television. Wiki says it started in 1978 -- I would have been 27 at the time, I guess. I don't recall being that old when I watched it. I honestly didn't think I had time then to watch it, but I must have seen some episodes because I remember the opening credits very, very well. In 1978 I was raising a family, and in a most intense training program that was literally 24/7. I honestly don't remember watching much television then.

So, tonight after the golf tournament, and after a bit of news, I wasn't watching, but it was on in the background to provide company, all of a sudden on TNT, it must have been 11:00 p.m., the "new" Dallas begins.

It opens with a truck-mounted rig drilling into a gusher...on the Apple laptop, the data showed that the IP was 10,000 bbls. But there's an argument over whether the owner will allow drilling on South Fork -- the matriarch who died many years ago had forbidden any drilling for oil on South Fork. OMG. And then these fateful words, "...it will have to be fracked." OMG. Fracked.

Funniest first few minutes of any show I had seen in quite some time. Anyway, that was about as much as I could watch, the first 20 minutes or so. Television is off; I'm a happy camper, and will listen to some music.

2 comments:

  1. Also when the well came in oil spraying into the air. I believe Epa has issues with that. the whole drilling operation looked like a water well drilling operation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume the EPA was on site to monitor the filming, ensure clean-up, and mandate only food coloring be used in the water that was gushing out of the "hole."

      Delete