Friday, May 4, 2012

Williston Wal-Mart Selling Housing Units -- This Is The Only Wal-Mart in the Known Universe to Be Selling Housing Units

Updates

May 5, 2012: See comments. Someone pointed out that these units have no windows. I have to agree; a huge negative. But wrong. [Note comment: the units do indeed have windows.]

I wonder how these Wal-Mart units compete with pick-up truck RV campers?  For $24,000 one can buy a pretty nice RV camper for a pick-up track. I could imagine owning a nice home in Grand Forks, Fargo, Bismarck, Billings, Rapid City, etc,  but living in the RV for three weeks on, one week off type of schedule. One has to remember my background: 30-year military and an RV camper looks pretty nice compared to the tents in "Tent City," Incirlik Air Base, Turkey.

Original Post
Portable Vec Housing Units.

These $24,000 units are now being sold by Wal-Mart in Williston -- the only Wal-Mart in the world to be selling these units.

A huge "thank you" to Dennis to sending me the story. This is the link to the photo/story in the Williston Herald. I would love to know the wholesale cost of these housing units vs the "trailers" provided by FEMA. Something tells me ....

6 comments:

  1. Cool!! Now, Where's my air conditioned, shower equipped Casey to go with that?

    $24,000 for an air conditioned shipping container with no plumbing or windows should sell really really well.

    $146/sq foot sounds more than reasonable.

    Sad part is there probably are people who would "live" in these and unfortunately cities/counties that will sign off on occupancy permits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still interested in wholesale price of a FEMA trailer.

      Delete
  2. FEMA TRAILERS go from 1500 to 3000.00 ... check out GSA auction site, a guy in Dickinson is buying them and reselling for 30k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I was looking for the wholesale price of the trailers before they are sold to FEMA. I assume FEMA gets a pretty good deal for buying in bulk but still pay at least wholesale price. I can't imagine any manufacturer selling anything to the government at a loss. But I could be wrong.

      Delete
    2. "Two 24" by 24" Anderson Low e-glass windows with locks."


      http://www.vectechnology.com/applications/portable-housing.cfm

      anon 1

      Delete
    3. Thank you; again, my inattention to detail gets me into trouble.

      Thank you for "trusting but verifying." Smile.

      Seriously, thank you.

      Delete