Thursday, April 12, 2012

Seeking Alpha on Natural Gas

Some months ago I said that US manufacturers were bringing their factories back to the US from overseas (figuratively, not literally, obviously) due to the very cheap energy. I won't look for the link. I remember "anonymous" writing me suggesting that I had it all wrong.

Now this SeekingAlpha article.
With the prospect of domestic natural gas prices remaining low and disconnected from global oil and gas prices for foreseeable future, U.S-based manufacturers of plastics, fertilizers and other products that use natural gas as a feedstock such as Dow Chemicals, Westlake Chemical Corp., Potash, and CF Industries are set to benefit from cheap U.S. natural gas as opposed to European and Asian competitors who do not.
Comments in the article regarding Valero in San Antonio are particularly interesting.

And again, note the link to RBN Energy earlier this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment