Thursday, January 12, 2012

Update on OXY USA/Anschutz Matthew Schmidt Well in the Cabernet Oil Field -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Update

See first comment; explains everything.

Original Post 
I was asked about the "Matthew Schmitdt" well.

Here was my response, posted here because some folks may not read the comments. Maybe someone in the local area knows more about the Matthew Schmidt well:

No file number, but I assume you are talking about:
  • 18427, 876, OXY USA/Anschutz, Matthew Schmidt 1-35-2H-143-97, Cabernet, Bakken, s2/10; t5/10; F; cum 110K 11/11.

110,000 bbls -- not fracked and no pump.

I don't know in which context you are asking the question, but I assume you noted the decreased production in November.

It came off the confidential list a long time ago; it is in the Cabernet field so it will be a great well; it had a typical Bakken decline rate but still produces 4,500 bbls/month. It was taken off-line in November, 2011 (only produced for 5 days) so I assume they are putting a pump on it. NDIC still shows no pump as of November, 2011, posting.

Pumps don't result in increased production, per se, but are needed to get the oil to the surface when the pressure pushing the oil out declines.

This well targeted the middle Bakken and WAS NOT stimulated.

6 comments:

  1. The Matt Schmidt well was taken off-line in November for a liner and fracking as it was originally an unfracked 'open hole' completion for the first 18 months. A big rig was on site in November to do the work. I expect that it should be complete by now and should be back on-line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for this info! Gene

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'm glad you asked the question. I learned something, also.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for taking time to comment. I just don't have enough time to check all the file records, and even if I did I probably wouldn't have caught that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bruce how you doing? You really seem to be better then N.D.I.C.! Really anyway do you or can you find out what is going on with the Matthew Schmidt well we don't know if its been fracked yet Thank You Gene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless they fracked it after testing it, it has not been fracked. There is nothing in the file to show that it has been fracked. One report specifically says it has not been fracked.

      Delete