Monday, January 23, 2012

Never, Never, Never Give Up -- The Greenland-Cairn Saga -- Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken

Link here.
UK oil firm Cairn Energy is getting together with Norway's Statoil to explore for oil and gas in Greenland.

Cairn announced Monday that it has entered into a "farm down" agreement with Statoil for the Pitu block in the Baffin Bay Basin, west of Greenland.
After a number of failed drill attempts to find hydrocarbons in Greenland, Cairn believes that Statoil's background of exploring for oil in the Arctic will improve its chances of success in the region.
There are three stories that fascinate me: a) the Keystone XL story; b) the Greenland-Cairn story; and, c) the megaload story coming out of Idaho and Montana.

They fascinate me because they have one thing in common. They seem to be the epitome of "never, never give up."

A fourth story fascinates me: The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha (Spanish: El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha).


Johnny B. Goode, River City Rumblers, Australia

2 comments:

  1. I love the "got talent" shows from the different counties. So I followed this song you posted and it led me to "AU's got talent" and 2011 runner-up Chooka Parker, a 16 yr old who plays piano making up the music as he plays. Thanks for leading me to this great talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I would prefer to post photos of the Bakken but because I not there, I look for other things to brighten up the blog.

      It is truly amazing some of the great stuff one finds on YouTube. Also, for me, something to listen to in the background while re-reading some of my posts, looking for typographical errors, and new ideas.

      Delete