So much to say about this video, but will let it go.
If there's any connection to the Bakken: the group is from Harold Hamm's home state.
I guess I'm just in that kind of mood tonight. A short break from the Bakken.
In the summers of 1969 and 1970 I spent many an evening after work and many a weekend driving up from Williston to Blacktail Dam.
I loved listening to the radio on those drives. It seems I only remember two musical artists at the time, blaring out of the radio: Credence Clearwater Revival and Neil Diamond. Over the years, Neil Diamond may have gotten a bit schmaltzy, but in the early years, he was awesome. In 1969 - 1970, it was "Sweet Caroline" and "Cracklin' Rosie"; and, from CCR, "Lookin' Out My Back Door."
I've cited this before, but I never tire of reading it:
“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”I made it back to Williston many an evening running on fumes with the radio blasting.
― Hunter S. Thompson
So tonight, when spending some time at one of my favorite "other" blogs, She Blogged By Night, I was pleasantly surprised to see her post on Neil Diamond. She says if you have 38 minutes you should watch the BBC-Neil Diamond Concert. I would say that if you have 10 minutes, you might want to read her post. If nothing else, it will remind folks why mainstream print media is struggling, competing with amateur bloggers. I wish I could write as well as she writes.
Blacktail Dam is five miles north, five miles west, and then a half mile north of the intersection of US Highway 2 & 85. Just east of the dam is a string of Petro-Hunt wells/permitted locations. With three rigs on site in such a small area suggests a lot of interest:
- 20065, 475, HRC/Petro-Hunt, Rossland 157-101-14B-23-1H, wildcat/Otter, Bakken, t5/12; cum 106K 8/14;
- 21207, 182, HRC/Petro-Hunt, Stromme Family Trust 157-101-11C-2-1H, wildcat/Otter, Bakken, t5/12; cum 76K 8/14;
- 19777, 343, HRC/Petro-Hunt, Erickson 157-101-13B-24-1H, wildcat/Otter, Bakken, t9/11; cum 84K 8/14;
- 21703, 2,112, HRC/Petro-Hunt, Miller 157-101-12C-1-1H, wildcat/Otter, Bakken, t2/12; cum 86K 8/14;
- 21753, conf-->loc, Petro-Hunt, Gilbertson 157-101-13B-2-1, wildcat, Bakken,
- 20989, 534, HRC/Petro-Hunt, Pasternak Trust 157-100-18A-19-1H, Marmon, Bakken, t5/12; cum 103K 8/14;
- 20990, 209, HRC/Petro-Hunt, Berg 157-100-7D-6-1H, Marmon, Bakken, t5/12; cum 69K 8/14;
- 20614, 411, HRC/Petro-Hunt, White 157-100-17B-20-1H, Marmon, Bakken, s5/11; t8/11; cum 97K 8/14;
- 20825, 50, HRC/Petro-Hunt, Williams and Larson Trust 157-100-8D-5-1H, Marmon, Bakken, t12/12; cum 65K 8/14;