We are truly moving into the manufacturing phase.
1. Look at this one example:
Dakota-3 wants to extend the Van Hook or Deep Water Creek Bay-Bakken pools to create a 3,840-acre spacing unit, and then drill as many as 22 wells on that spacing unit.
That works out to about one well for very 175 acres. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.2. In addition, EOG wants to test the feasibility of water injection in its excellent Parshall field.
3. For folks who thought there would be only one well in each section:
- 16786, Slawson, Sanish-Bakken, 1 640-acre unit; 7 wells, Mountrail; yes, that's 7 wells in one section
5. The "standard" is 7 wells in the 1280-acre units, and often 8 wells; or 4 wells in 640-acre units, or 2 wells in 320-acre spacing units.
6. Sandrocks oil field is very active. Sandrocks is a small field, 12 sections north of Arnegard, and very, very close to the bull's eye of the Bakken.
7. BR will be managing a 30,000-acre unit (Corral Creek-Bakken). BR likes to manage big units; from the January, 2011, docket:
- 16587, BR, add four sections to Sand Creek-Bakken, McKenzie; as a 2,560-acre unit; 12 wells
- 16589, BR, add four sections to Hawkeye-Bakken; McKenzie, as a 2,560-acre unit; 12 wells
- 16590, BR, 2,560-acre unit, McKenzie, 12 wells
- 16591, BR, add four sections; Pershing-Bakken; McKenzie, as a 2,560-acre unit; 12 wells
- 16592, BR, add four sections, Bear Den-Bakken, McKenzie, as a 2,560-acre unit; 12 wells