Monday, December 12, 2011

For Investors Only -- Bakken Stocks -- Denbury Is Listed Again -- But Look At KOG Compared to CLR

Investopedia link here.

Eagle Ford: EOG and MRO.

Bakken: CLR and DNR.

There "they" go again: DNR.

Every Bakken list seems to include DNR.

Note this:
Continental is the largest player in this formation, with 34,505 BOE/d coming from the Bakken in the third quarter, or 52% of its overall 66,289 BOE/d production.
CLR has almost 1,000,000 net acres in the Bakken.

KOG says they may be producing as much as 30,000 boepd by the end of 2012.

Am I missing something, or misreading something? KOG has a market cap of $1.85 billion and about a tenth of CLR's net acreage; CLR has a market cap of almost $12 billion.

If I have my numbers right, and KOG predicts 30,000 boepd a year from now, one can only imagine what CLR will be producing. Like I say, I must be missing something.

This is not an investment site; see disclaimer at the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment