Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Traffic Counts on 4-Lane Divided Highway West of Williston

Doug sent this to me as a comment; in case folks don't read the comment, it is posted here:

Traffic counts between Williston and the 4-mile corner west of town have gone from 6,000 a day to 26,000 a day.

This was in response to folks noting the traffic shown on the MSNBC / NBC newscasts last night. I assume the 6,000 / day used to be a mix of cars, pickup trucks, RVs, and trucks. I assume the additional 20,000 is all trucks: pickup trucks, semis, specialized trucks, etc. Think of the amount of diesel that is being sold in Williston. And note that there have been no supply interruptions in fuel deliveries, at least as far as I know. I think that is very, very remarkable. We can't get construction supplies to this part of the country, but they can get diesel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment