Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Reminder for Newbies: IPs for New Wells -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

I think I just posted this reminder within the last day or so, but a reminder that I post the results of wells coming off the confidential list at this link.

About half the wells coming off the confidential list go to DRL status because they have not been completed (fracked). Periodically I go back and update those wells on DRL status that have been completed and have reported an IP.

I updated a few of them today. I also post the "high IP" wells on a separate page.  Here are a few of the recent wells that have had IPs above 2,500. I used to post all wells with an IP greater than a 1,000, but that got to be overwhelming, so I moved the threshold to 2,000. The threshold is now about 2,800 to get on the "high IP list."
You might notice a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment