Thursday, November 10, 2011

Browser and the Website -- milliondollarway

Elsewhere someone has mentioned that they are having trouble viewing "milliondollarway.blogspot.com."

That's the second time someone has brought this issue to my attention.

This blog uses the "blogger" application which is now supported by "Chrome" (Google).

I don't yet have "Chrome" but have no trouble with the website on Firefox, Windows 7 Internet Explorer, or Safari. I haven't checked Safari in about three months, so don't know for sure about Safari right now. This site is optimized for Firefox; it is a breeze to edit and post. It is very challenging to edit and post using Windows 7 Internet Explorer, but I am not aware of any problems viewing it on that browser.

I never have problems viewing my site whenever I visit an Apple store. I used to have problems using an old Windows Internet Explorer browser when passing through the Harvard Business School. I have no problems with Windows 7 Internet Explorer for viewing, as noted above.

My page views are running about 4,000/day, I think, and I have had two comments about difficulties with the site: one comment came directly to my e-mail; the second comment arrived at the best site in the world for Bakken mineral owners, the Bakken Shale Discussion Group (same link as above). The best part about their site is that they minimize all political comment, something I have great difficulty doing.

I don't own any mineral rights whereas most of the folks who post on the BSDG do own minerals. In addition, they are all very, very helpful. I generally direct folks who ask me specific questions about mineral rights to also visit the BSDG. 

Without question, though, the best experience for surfing the net is on the large Apple monitors/Apple computers. The blogs -- not just mine, but all of them are crystal clear. And someday when I win the lottery I will a) buy a car; and b) buy a bigger Apple computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment