Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Use of My Photos -- And The Issue of E-Mail Spam

Someone sent me a very nice note asking if they could use my photos. My photos are not copyrighted and anyone is free to use them. You do not have to credit them to me.

Very rarely I will post a photograph that is not mine; when I do, I will let you know.

By the way, if you have a special request for a photograph, let me know and I will do my best to get it (obviously it has to be related to what I am capable of reaching). You have no idea how much I enjoy sharing the Bakken with "friends."

On another note, someone is using the e-mail address associated with my blog to forward "spam." I never send "spam" and I never send a note to someone except as a reply. So, if you get a note from "me" and you did not expect it, it is probably "spam" and just delete it. The "spam" is nothing more than a link to another marketing website, so it's a nuisance and not a virus or a problem in any other sense as far as I know.

I will gradually be phasing out my e-mail so that folks are not bothered by this. I would apologize if it was my mistake but it's not.

And now, back to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment