Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fracking Backlog -- 4/6 Of Wells Off Confidential List Today Not Completed -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Link here.

Of the six most recent wells that came off the confidential list, only two of them were completed; the other four were placed on DRL status. I report new wells on a daily basis at the link above.

In addition, I am now checking the number of frac stages and amount of sand/proppant used if I have time (and remember).

The Whiting TF well in Stark County must have been very expensive based on amount of proppant and number of stages, and the IP was not exciting. I am aware that IPs are only one data point, but at least two Bakken producers have said that IPs correlate with a) time to pay back cost of well; and, b) EUR.

Also, in an earlier note, I noted that there may be a shortage of workover rigs in the Williston Basin.

No comments:

Post a Comment