Friday, September 30, 2011

Military Chaplains May Officiate Same-Sex Unions -- Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken

Link here.
The Pentagon has decided that military chaplains may perform same-sex unions, whether on or off a military installation.
The ruling announced Friday by the Pentagon's personnel chief follows the Sept. 20 repeal of a law that had prohibited gays and lesbians from serving openly in the military.
Whenever my "kids" asked me "why" regarding almost anything, I said, a) google it; and/or b) follow the money.

In this case, "follow the money." The officers clubs and enlisted clubs on many Air Force installations were always looking at ways to increase revenue. My hunch is that, at least in the beginning, a fair number of receptions for same-sex unions will be held in the clubs.

I can't speak for US Army, Navy, or Marine installations because I did not serve in those branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment