Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Construction West of Williston, North Dakota -- Bakken

Last night I walked six miles from where I am staying in Williston out to the four-mile corner to take photographs of the buildings of oil service companies west of Williston.  And six miles back, I walked at least 12 miles.

I started out at 6:30 p.m. and got back to where I am staying at 11:00 p.m. I stopped at the way home at a pub to get a drink. The pub, by the way, a bar and grill,  is without a doubt, the best sports bar west of the Mississippi River and east of the Rocky Mountains, and I have visited sports bars across the country. But I digress.

Here's the new Schlumberger building west of town:


And then just west of the new Schlumberger site is this building (I do not know who will occupy this building):, which is where McCody Concrete will be going (see first comment below).

I started out walking in daylight; I didn't have a watch or cellphone, but based on "number of hands between sun and horizon" I figured I had two hours of sunlight. And I was about right; here it is right when I got back to Williston:






2 comments:

  1. The big concrete building west of SLB is McCody Concrete. (locally owned company)

    A mile or so east of the SLB building HEXOM has put up a new building as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to the punch -- I have a lousy wi-fi connection tonight.

    About three hours ago I talked to someone at J Dub's who told me it was McCody Concrete. Thank you for confirming.

    I forgot about the HEXOM building. I need to get a photo of that, although I may have one and not realize it. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete