Friday, October 1, 2010

Look to the Upper Right Sidebar: Conference Announcements

I am listing upcoming conference announcements at the top of the sidebar on the right.

These conferences turn out to have the best (and, of course, most up-to-date) presentations once the conference begins.

I opined some months ago that 2010 would be a watershed year for the Bakken. I think 2011 is going to be even stronger. Reliable analysts are now anticipating 165 drilling rigs in North Dakota. Currently there are about 146, although that number fluctuates as drilling rigs are moved across the state line into Montana.

I'm not exactly sure how to track active rigs, because if the number goes down, it may simply be a reflection of rigs moving into Montana.  I don't have the resources (mostly, time) to also follow Montana in addition to North Dakota Bakken.

6 comments:

  1. Who is this straw man who so lacks Bakken exuberance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile. I have to be careful. Not everyone shares my enthusiasm. And, I have to admit, enthusiasm sometimes needs to be tempered by reality. Maybe more on that later in some stand-alone posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my tastes, exuberance is best served with quantification.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the nice thing about these conferences is there is usually a internet availablity to listen.. If not most companies on there home page , under investors,
    will post a PDF of the slide material used in the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, they need to remain credible. Their peers know when to get out the shovels or manure spreaders. But the presentations have always been very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't disagree with regard for need of quantification. That tends to be one of my failings. Despite a science background, I tend to philosophy. Philosophers tend to generalize and miss the details, whereas successful scientists systematize (and quantify) everything.

    ReplyDelete