Thursday, August 19, 2010

Too Much To Post -- This One for Investors

There is, again, way too much to post. I am traveling around western North Dakota, and sneaking bits of time at the local library or on my iPad at McDonald's to update my blog. But it's almost impossible to post all I want.

So, some of this will seem random (it is), but folks who know that I remain bullish on the oil industry will understand (or, at least I hope they will) what I am posting.

From a recent Wall Street Journal investing transcript:
Globally decline rates [of oil production] are in excess of 6% per year, which means the world has to bring online roughly 5 million barrels a day of new production every year simply to keep supply flat. In addition, the recent incident in the Gulf of Mexico is another example of the existing the supply challenges and more evidence that the era of cheap, easy to access oil is truly over.On a specific note, one of the interesting dynamics at play today is that the deepwater Gulf of Mexico represents a very important part of US domestic production.
So, with oil prices down yet again today, this just represents another buying opportunity. I assume one could invest small amounts in the Bakken periodically as the price of oil drops. We will only know the bottom when the time has passed.

Having said that, the short term outlook for oil could be rocky. I do not hold DNR.

No comments:

Post a Comment